For the first time, scientists have succeeded in transforming human stem cells into functional lung and airway cells. The advance has significant potential for modeling lung disease, screening drugs, studying human lung development, and, ultimately, generating lung tissue for transplantation.
How will the ways we work, play and love change over the next 10 — or 30 — years?
List by Michio Kaku:
- Computers Will Disappear
- Augmented Reality Will Be Everyday Reality
- The Brain-Net Will Augment the Internet
- Capitalism Will Be Perfected
- Robots Will Be Commonplace
- Aged Body Parts Will Be Replaced
- Parents Will Design Their Offspring
- Cybermedicine Will Extend Lives
- Dictators Will Be Big Losers
- Intellectual Capitalism Will Replace Commodity Capitalism
Round & Round by Louis Lim
Hidden under the seat of the bench, the storage bins can continuously slide around the entire perimeter of the bench.
Calcified hydatid cyst, CT
Eggshell calcifications of a hepatic cyst on CT. Hydatid cysts are caused by echinoccus granulosa, an infectious worm associated with close and intimate canine contact. These cysts can occur in liver, lung, muscle and bone, frequently undergoing calcification.
How pharmaceutical companies increase revenue.
There are two ways pharmaceutical companies can increase revenue:
- Invent new drugs
- Invent new diseases
The big news in the doctor world in the past few weeks has been the recently released new guidelines for statin medications (Lipitor is an example). Under the new guidelines, millions of more people now meet the criteria to be a statin candidate. Lo and behold, the pharmaceutical companies have expanded the definition of disease to now label more and more people as diseased. Only time will tell if this saves lives vs. increases diabetes and other side effects. Large recommendations like this sometimes backfire (remember hormone replacement therapy?).
This is also significant from another perspective. This is essentially the first large scale use of an online calculator leveraging “big data” to determine candidacy for a drug. So that’s exciting, especially since only about 10% of what doctors do have any sort of evidence backing those therapies. The other 90% are a combination of speculation, tradition, and hearsay.
Floats reverse of volume with dripping hot glue
You Can Also Find Me -:
Flossed by Sam Kaplan
Nicolas Jolly is a French artist working with black ink. Black and white allows him to bring additional emotion to the scene by increasing the set of chiaroscuro. There is a large concern in the compositions of his drawings. The technique he uses,”fingerprint”, allows him to guide the eye of the observer through the various elements of the scene compositions. All convolutions bring dynamism and speed, amplifying the intense and dramatic effect. The subject is anime, dance and grows. It can accentuate a detail in the design and target emotion to convey.